Oakmoss & Sandalwood is the first longer-run shave soap from Spearhead Shaving Company and a result of our Experimental shave soap project.
Formula 20.1: Of the 20+ Experimental soap bases, formula 20.1 earned its spot as our first production base. We're proud of this base for a couple specific reasons:
- Slickness: It offers excellent slickness - both initial and residual. The slickness of the stearic and tallow base is aided by a healthy dose of uber-slick murumuru butter.
- Latherability: This formula lathers as easily as a coconut oil-based soap without any of the drying coconut oil. Yet the lather has the velvety richness of a high-stearic formula.
- Ease of Use: 20.1 is very forgiving even for new wet shavers. It performs well even when under-hydrated, but the soap was formulated to be less thirsty.
- Protection: Soap is no substitute for proper technique, but additional lanolin gives a little extra protection against occasional nicks.
- Post Shave: This base is rich with murumuru, jojoba, and shea butter for a very nice post shave feel (try rinsing with cold water!)
Scent: The soap is scented with oakmoss, sandalwood, tonka, lemon & petitgrain.
Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Water, Beef Tallow, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Castor Oil, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide, Murumuru Butter, Xylitol, Lanolin, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Agave Tequilana Leaf Extract
Net Weight: 4oz
Batch Quantity: 50 soaps
As with all soaps, discontinue use if irritation occurs